Job Type: Full Time
Job Area: Underwriting
Applications Close: 31 Oct 2019
Liberty Specialty Markets, offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
- Team-work culture.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and clients to facilitate the marketing and sale and training of the Liberty brand and products.
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business in line with Liberty’s quality selection and adequate pricing guidelines.
- Executing selling and negotiation strategies to ensure profitability of assigned specialty product line(s) and managing the portfolio to ensure growth and retention;
- Ensuring brokers/clients receive a high level of service that differentiates Liberty from its competitors.
- Communicating with other product line Underwriters in order to leverage cross-selling opportunities and deliver a complete service to the broker and client.
- Reviewing and negotiating policy terms and conditions including assisting with the production of manuscript policy wordings and endorsements.
- Working closely with claims department, risk engineering, actuarial and all other key internal stakeholders to promote Liberty’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting services.
- Acting as a referral point and providing technical training and guidance to underwriters/assistant underwriters & underwriting assistants and contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Applicants must come from a Financial Lines background, demonstrating excellent technical skills along with sound commercial acumen and a focus on writing quality business.
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in an aligned role with a broker or insurance company.
- You will possess strong communication and negotiation skills and be able to demonstrate a positive, team focused outlook.
- Significant previous relevant experience in the Financial Lines segment of the General (non-Life) Insurance industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part of Liberty’s exciting future we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your resume.
Agencies – We’ve got this covered!