Job Type: Full Time
Job Area: Claims
Applications Close: 31 Jul 2019
Liberty Specialty Markets, offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
- Team-work culture.
- Challenging & Diverse claim portfolio.
- Pro-actively handle a book of specialty lines property, energy and construction claims across Australia throughout the entire claim life cycle;
- Managing complex claims including class actions and multi defendant contractual claims;
- Interpreting policy coverage and determining if coverage applies to claims submitted and managing complex indemnity positions;
- Participating directly in mediation and arbitration settlements where necessary and arranging expeditious and economical claim settlements;
- Ensuring that internal and external stakeholders and Liberty clients consistently receive a high level of claims service that differentiates Liberty from its competitors;
- Working closely with the underwriting and risk engineering departments to promote Liberty’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting and claims management services;
- Managing performance of external service providers;
- Ensuring all compliance obligations are met and participate in claims audits when required.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- 5+ years significant previous claims management experience in the Insurance or Legal industry essential;
- Extensive experience in successfully investigating and managing high value and complex claims;
- A high level of communication and influencing skills;
- Tertiary qualifications in Insurance, Legal, Business or Engineering discipline desirable;
- Exceptional ability at developing effective relationships;
- A very sound work ethic;
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance Contracts Act and demonstrated ability to understand and apply legal principles to the management of claims;
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.