Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Professional & Financial Risks
Applications Close: 30 Sep 2020
Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM) offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Team-work culture.
- Global company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
Liberty Specialty Markets is recruiting an Underwriter with a focus on PI and D&O, to join our expanding Professional and Financial Risks (PFR) team in our Melbourne. We are looking for someone who wants to make a positive contribution to our team, and who believes in and thrives on collaboration. At Liberty, we invest in our people and want someone to join our team that sees themselves having an exciting future here.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the broker community;
- Providing a high level of underwriting service to brokers that will differentiate Liberty from other competitors;
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting new business and renewal business by reviewing and negotiating policy terms/conditions including manuscript wording;
- Fostering cross marketing opportunities and working closely with internal departments to deliver a complete service;
- Liaising closely with other product line underwriters, and claims teams in order to provide top level customer service;
- Participating in audits as required;
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
- A minimum of 5 years, financial lines related underwriting experience in similar or related classes of business with a background in Professional Indemnity and Directors & Officers Liability preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, marketing, and product competition within the marketplace.
- Highly proficient relationship building skills.
- Strong teamwork philosophy and capability – within own team and across the organisation.
- Strong verbal and written communications and organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision making skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Insurance, Business or Finance or related discipline desirable.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part of Liberty’s exciting future we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your resume.
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply.
Agencies – We’ve got this covered!